I would quite like to do something different for a living after doing the same sort of job for 25 years plus. It feels like time for a change!
I wonder whether I should hang on for a couple of years and then take the plunge, when my youngest is through secondary school. Perhaps then, when I don't have to do the school run and all that school life entails any more and my children are a little more independent I might have a bit more time to take on some further study. I think I would need to start doing some extra qualifications - I wondered about perhaps doing an European Driving Licence or something like that and go down the IT route or whether I should study photography or horticulture and get a proper qualification for that. That sounds a heap more interesting. There are always excuses I know, but I don't feel much like studying after working all day and the children to care for. Like I said, excuses, because if I was really motivated I would just do it I guess! Hmmm ... it's a bit of a delimma. I don't want to be stuck in a job I'm not enjoying too much (and obviously driving everyone to tears with my tales of woe!) and work is such a huge part of your life, that it must be much more fun to do something you really like, rather than doing something just to earn the pennies.
That's the other thing .... I don't have enough income to stop work and try something else or study full time. I would have to study whilst still working, which is pretty tough I would imagine.
Yet I read all the time about really enterprising people who change careers later on in their life and seem to make a go of it.
I think I need to think really carefully about where there may be possibilities and try to develop this. Something to think about anyway.
Or I need to come up with a really enterprising idea and make my million haha
Never too long in the tooth my dear
ReplyDelete