Monday, 14 May 2012

My Dad is 80!

Somehow I can't quite belief that my dear Dad reaches 80 years young on 18 May 2012 - unbelievable really!  I have been busily scanning lots of photographs of him over the years to make into a slideshow for his party, and thought I would share a few that I just love.  I have tried to improve the quality of a few of them


My dad with his mum (who sadly died while he was still young)


                                                                         
Dad at Disney

Dad sporting a very fetching moustache!! And riding my sister's bike - this must have been in the late 1950s.


My dad with one of his sisters, in London during WWII



Another lovely moustache - hopefully this one is fake!!


Dad and ?Austin


I love this pic of my mum and dad when they were first going out haha!


I think this would have been during the opening of Southern Television in 1965.  My dad was in Master Control and was an electronic engineer.



Rather handsome don't you think?!


During National Service - possibly in Egypt, or there again could have been Cyprus!


Playing soldiers, for real


You never get away from some joker behind you pulling faces do you?!

1 comment: