Thursday, 10 March 2011

Photographic record of a night in the jazz club!

Had a fabulous evening at the local jazz club last night sampling the wonderful delights of George Washingmachine!! He must win the prize for the most unusual jazz musician name!  George hails from Australia and really got the crowd going with his amazing fiddle gypsy swing playing and beautiful singing.   He was accompanied by Dave Kelbie and David Blenkhorn on accoustic guitars and the incredible Sebastien Giarot on double bass.  The latter three I have seen before, in their other guise as Django a la Creole, also at the Concorde Club last year.  Amazing musicians. 

I took my lovely Nikon camera with me last night, and my new 55-300 mm lens and here are a few of the photos I took.  I have emailed the Concorde Club to see if they would like a free photographer, haha!! What a cheek eh, but if you don't try ..... I expect I will get a dear john letter, but you never know!!













4 comments:

  1. I don't think you'll get a 'Dear John' letter with those photos! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Well I didn't get a no .. it was more of a maybe ... fingers crossed!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great photo's Claire, particularly like the last one....ooooh very arty.....cool!!!!!
    That's some camera you got there......where on earth did that come from haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's a great camera isn't it?! Well its a long story, but in a nutshell I smashed the window to the photography shop and stole it! haha!

    ReplyDelete