Monday, 24 January 2011

Beautiful gentle Bella

You may have read on my blog that my cat Bella has been quite poorly recently.  Well tonight the vet confirmed that she has (as I suspected), a very fast growing secondary tumour in her abdomen, and that her time is very short now.

Still reeling a bit to be honest, as she has been so well on her steroids, but in my heart I knew that she was very sick - as Sally said on Saturday night, the pets with lovely strong characters always seem to get taken early, because they must be needed elsewhere.

Well that is certainly the case with Bella, she is only 8 years old and a proper nutcase.  I love her to bits and will make the most of the time I have left with her.

Here are some photos of her over the years (since I adopted her aged 3) and one I got from her breeder showing her as a kitten

Bella as a kitten - isn't she adorable?:


Bella - when she used to be allowed out on her leash, and we let her off for a while - she was a good girl and didn't run off


 Always somewhere cosy .....

I am adorable

My mate Sam ... best of friends

Sniffing out the fire and getting up to mischief with Sam ...

Relaxing

Checking out a drink

Aahh that's better

Mum's bedding shelves are cosy ..,...


Snoozing in a sunny window spot


This is the afternoon we collected her - so relaxed already!

Bless you Bella - such a gorgeous little cat, now a shadow of her former healthy self, so sad, but I'm happy she has had a lovely life so far and has been loved and cared for.  Beautiful Bella xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Claire; beautiful photos of Bella. I feel for you - I lost my first cat, Jerry, two years ago. He developed a tumour and I did what I could but still felt useless that I couldn't do more. He's in my garden under a beautiful Acer. Enjoy all those little moments you have with her - she's a beautiful cat and obviously much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sad but you have done everything you can for her and she has had a great life with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Honey, thinking of you and sending the biggest hugs you can imagine. Thank you for posting these beautiful pictures. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, that was a bad news to hear. :-( Well, I hope that Bella will have more memorable and happy moments with you while she's strong enough. My prayers to you and Bella of course.

    On the other hand, Sam there is very caring to Bella, and that's good. They'll be partners until the end.

    Speaking of Sam, Hey did you know that you can share your cat's story on a website called www.floppycats.com? Just follow this link - http://blog.floppycats.com/blog/landing-pages/0/0/ragdoll-cat-stories%20Save%20Page and you can be on another website too!

    Take care Claire, Sam and Bella. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, and thank you so much for your lovely comments about Bella. She is still doing well, but a bag of bones now and her fur is all unkempt, but she continues to play, miow a lot and share my pillow at night! Love her so much and don't want to think about the inevitable :-( Bless Darling Bella, she really is a one off.

    Thanks Sensory Dragon! Sorry I haven't visited your blog for a while - I haven't done much blogging, but I am reminded that I need to check out your bulb planting! Hope your garden projects are going great x

    T-Bone - seeing you cuddling Bella last week, awww sob, she was so relaxed. Thank you for being so kind and thinking of her too x

    Dancin' - thanks hun - just looked at the photos again and realised they are a bit rubbish, but I didn't have such a good camera when I took most of these. You can see the difference with the new one, which is just amazing. I hope you are ok and hope to see you soon! Hugs back! x

    Echik - thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! It's great that you dropped by! I tried to read yours but was unable to, shame! Thank you for all your good wishes for Bella. Being a fellow ragdoll owner, you will know that ragdolls are particularly loving and sweet natured cats and Sam is indeed very close to Bella. I am worried about how he will cope without her as they are always together and were both rehomed within 10 days of each other. I love the website you refer too and will certainly send something in. Thank you for passing it on! I will put some more photos of up my mad ragdoll soon, do come back and visit! Take care, Claire x

    ReplyDelete